Every year SCS sponsor an award at Active Lincolnshire’s “Lincolnshire Sport and Physical Activity Awards”. The evening is always great fun, and very inspirational, hearing about these amazing sports men and women in the community. Unfortunately due to Covid-19, this year the award show wasn’t able to go ahead in person but Active Lincolnshire decided to take the award show online, streaming it live on their website.
We were proud to sponsor the “”Inspirational Sportsperson Award”, which was won by Nesta Baxter. Nesta, a medical student at Newcastle University and a coach for Evolution Martial Arts in Boston, has continued to teach students from her martial arts group via Zoom throughout the lockdown period.
While continuing her teaching and studies virtually, Nesta has also been training with coaches from around the world to complete a 200-mile challenge in aid of pancreatic cancer. To further assist the local community, she has also been working at her local doctors’ surgery to provide additional support during the pandemic.
Well done Nesta, and well done to the runners up in this category, Tom and Alice.
The other winners from the night were:
- Active Community Award – North Thoresby Community Support Group
- Contribution to Sport and Physical Activity Award – The Manor Rise Fitness Group
- Volunteer Commitment Award – Matthew Mansey
- Inspirational Sportsperson Award – Nesta Baxter
- Workplace Wellbeing Award – Lincolnshire NHS
- Fundraising Award – Steve Norton
- Active Change Award – Lucy Dawson
- Active Club Award – Skegness & District Running Club
- Active School Award – Queen Elizabeth’s High School PE Department
- Social Media Influencer Award – Inspire+
- Community Champion Award – Debbie Bollard
To watch the awards video, please click the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5SromGx9ug&feature=youtu.be