You may worry about cyber security and whether your computers are at risk of being attacked, but do you consider whether your external devices such as smart phones and tablets are protected?
Although most people use a computer for their work, you may have employees at your company who need to work whilst on the go and it is also possible for these external devices to be attacked.
When you and your staff are using external devices daily, your phone picks up sensitive information about you which could easily end up in the wrong hands. As technology develops, there will also be an increase in security threats, most of which you may not even consider.
Hackers can control microphones on devices even if they are switched off, it is also possible for voice calls to be intercepted and recorded. You may think that you are in a secure location, but if your phone is being used to communicate sensitive data then cyber-attacks are still a potential threat.
Here are our top 10 tips in keeping your devices secure:
- Password protect your devices and don’t share them with anyone unless necessary
- Update the operating systems and apps regularly, on all of your devices as these may include important security updates
- Only use secure and trusted websites that you are familiar with or which are authorised as secure
- Don’t use public Wi-Fi for sharing personal/sensitive information or conducting tasks that could share private information as this can be infiltrated
- Download security software which allows you to remotely lock or delete data if your device is lost
- Do not open or click on web links/attachments sent from unknown or untrustworthy email accounts
- Be careful when linking your device to other types of technology if it is untrusted as other devices could contain malicious software
- Turn off any features which can identify your location and delete any location history
- Avoid your devices being overlooked by others when working on any sensitive tasks or typing sensitive data in public
- Ensure that your employees are also taking part in proactively safeguarding their devices
For more information on how to keep your business safe from cyber-attacks, get in touch with our team on 0800 9520652 or email email@example.com