To celebrate our 20th anniversary of providing reliable IT support across Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire, each month we are looking back at how technology has changed over the last 20 years.
This month, we are looking back to how much our work environment has changed since 1995:
- Floppy disks are no longer used and are now replaced by memory sticks.
- It is rare to hear the sound of the Internet ‘dialing up’ as businesses now use broadband.
- The idea of sending emails and speaking to your clients via video link from your phone was something you might have seen in ‘Back to the Future’.
- No more cupboards filled with paperwork as everything is backed up electronically.
- Tablets have replaced laptops for a variety of different workplace activities, including taking notes in meetings.
- In 1995, you would have to pick up the phone to speak to a potential client. Now you can engage with them on social media.
- 20 years ago, you would have to send proposals in the post. Now it can be done by simply pressing a button.
- Imagine having to find out vital information by going to your local library. With the introduction of Google, that is now a thing of the past.
- You can now just order your equipment and stationery online, rather than phoning or visiting a shop.
- Apps have changed the way we can manage our work – who needs a personal assistant when there is an app for that?
How times have changed…to the next 20 years!
Make sure you follow us on Twitter @SCSTechnology for the latest technology news and IT advice.