About SCS Technology Solutions
We are a Lincolnshire based Microsoft Gold Partner who employ seven full time Microsoft certified engineers. With a combined knowledge of over 100 years of technical experience, SCS are the trusted IT support provider to 1 00+ businesses, and have been for over 25 years.
We hold WatchGuard and Intel Gold status, along with a current Cyber Essentials certificate, and membership of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) early warning scheme and Police CyberAlarm.
We use advanced monitoring, security, and ticketing systems to keep our clients safe and ensure our staff have the right tools for the job.
Working for SCS
At SCS we believe the most important elements are our clients and our staff. SCS work in partnership with our clients providing outstanding service, and believe that our staff need to be happy and well-motivated to continue to achieve this.
SCS have some of the most qualified staff and best service levels in the county. We pride ourselves on this and our other qualifications, and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our growing family.
The Role: Senior IT Engineer
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Configuration and installation of servers, workstations, printers etc. including administration of devices such as hardware firewalls, NAS, SAN, and managed switches.
- Supporting and maintaining Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office products.
- General IT administration, including changes to Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Hyper-V, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Using RMM including triage and escalation.
- Assisting users with remote access and general troubleshooting.
Knowledge & Experience (required)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant post.
- A strong IT background, having accomplished many successful and complex project-based installations.
- A high regard for security and confidentiality.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Exchange (365 and on-premise) and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Strong knowledge of Firewalls (specifically WatchGuard) and routers.
- In depth knowledge of TCP IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Understanding of SSL & IPSEC VPNs.
- Ability to deploy & manage a variety of AV solutions.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Good organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload and use initiative.
- Able to build and maintain working relationships internally and externally.
- Clear, confident, and polite telephone manner.
- Excellent grammar and English.
- Clean, Full driving licence.
- Microsoft clustering skills\knowledge.
- Good understanding of compliance and security best practices.
- Microsoft qualifications (Specifically Microsoft 365 certified Expert, MCSE or MCSE)
- Salary £30,000 – £33,000 depending on experience
- Flexible\hybrid working options
- Laptop and mobile phone provided
- Overtime opportunities
- Up to 25 days leave plus statutory holidays
- Excellent training opportunities
- Funded industry certifications including Microsoft and WatchGuard
- Funded social events
- Company car provided for both work and personal use
Circa £40,000 total package value.
Apply for this vacancy
Book your FREE IT review
The digital landscape is constantly changing and, in order to keep your business ahead of the competition, you need to know you have the best available technology at your disposal.
We can offer you a FREE on-site IT evaluation of your current infrastructure with one of our certified engineers to assess your operation and provide a fully comprehensive report of our findings.