SCS Technology Solutions was established in 1995, and has become a preferred partner for IT support and IT consultancy to many top-performing organisations across Lincolnshire. We are looking to recruit an IT Professional with a good level of IT experience to deliver remote support services to our customer base.
You will provide telephone and remote support to our customers as necessary. You may also be required to attend site on occasions.
You will have excellent first and second line IT skills and be able to deliver high standards of service along with efficient and timely verbal and written communications. You will also have a high regard for confidentiality and be able to undertake recurring IT tasks on a regular basis, reporting outcomes as appropriate to the Technical Manager.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Supporting Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft office products.
- General IT administration, including changes to Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365.
- Administration of devices such as hardware firewalls, NAS devices and managed switches.
- Installation of software & operating system patches.
- Accurately and diligently check client backup applications for failures, log and escalate.
- Monitoring of customers networks including triage and escalation.
- Assist users with remote access and general troubleshooting.
- Onsite repair and installation of hardware when required.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Strong IT proficiency – 1st and 2nd line support.
- Good IT troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of fault severity and impact, assigning priority and logging information.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products.
- Good understanding of IT security and its necessity.
- Knowledge of TCP IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Understanding of SSL & IPSEC VPNs.
- Ability to deploy & manage AV (specifically Symantec & ESET).
- High level of attention to detail.
- Good organisation and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload and use initiative.
- Able to build and maintain working relationships internally and externally.
- Strong team player.
- Full driving licence.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- An understanding of license compliance and anti-piracy measures.
- Knowledge of on-Premise Microsoft Exchange servers and how to configure, patch and maintain them.
- knowledge of Firewalls (specifically WatchGuard) and routers.
- Support and deployment of Microsoft Hyper-V Server.
Salary £20,000 – £24,000 depending on experience
Fully funded training where relevant
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this vacancy
Book your FREE IT review
The digital landscape is constantly changing and, in order to keep your business ahead of the competition, you need to know you have the best available technology at your disposal.
We can offer you a FREE on-site IT evaluation of your current infrastructure with one of our certified engineers to assess your operation and provide a fully comprehensive report of our findings.