About SCS Technology Solutions
We are a Lincolnshire based Microsoft Gold Partner who employ seven full time Microsoft certified engineers. With a combined knowledge of over 100 years of technical experience, SCS are the trusted IT support provider to 100+ businesses, and have been for over 25 years.
We hold WatchGuard and Intel Gold status, along with a current Cyber Essentials certificate, and membership of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) early warning scheme and Police CyberAlarm.
We use advanced monitoring, security, and ticketing systems to keep our clients safe and ensure our staff have the right tools for the job.
Working for SCS
At SCS we believe the most important elements are our clients and our staff. SCS work in partnership with our clients providing outstanding service and believe that our staff need to be happy and well-motivated to continue to achieve this.
SCS have some of the most qualified staff and best service levels in the county. We pride ourselves on this and our other qualifications and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our growing family.
The Role: Remote Support Technician
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Supporting Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft office products.
- General IT administration, including changes to Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Microsoft SharePoint, and Office 365.
- Administration of devices such as hardware firewalls, NAS devices and managed switches.
- Installation of software & operating system patches.
- Monitoring of customers networks via industry leading RMM including ticketing, triage and escalation.
- Assist users with remote access and general troubleshooting.
Knowledge & Experience (required)
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Strong IT proficiency – 1st and 2nd line support.
- Good IT troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of fault severity and impact, assigning priority and logging information.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products.
- Good understanding of license compliance and anti-piracy measures.
- Good understanding of IT security and its necessity.
- Strong knowledge of Firewalls (specifically WatchGuard).
- Knowledge of TCP IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Microsoft Hyper-V knowledge.
- Understanding of SSL & IPSEC VPNs.
- Ability to deploy & manage AV.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Good organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload and use initiative.
- Able to build and maintain working relationships internally and externally.
- Strong team player.
- Microsoft qualifications
- Competitive salary
- Flexible\hybrid working options
- Overtime opportunities
- Up to 25 days leave plus statutory holidays
- Excellent training opportunities
- Funded industry certifications (including Microsoft and WatchGuard)
- Funded social events
Apply for this vacancy
Book your FREE IT review
The digital landscape is constantly changing and, in order to keep your business ahead of the competition, you need to know you have the best available technology at your disposal.
We can offer you a FREE on-site IT evaluation of your current infrastructure with one of our certified engineers to assess your operation and provide a fully comprehensive report of our findings.